When we're in the midst of the storm and it seems that all hope is lost, God still calls us to trust Him.
Doubts will cloud our mind, storm clouds darken the horizon, the wind begins to blow and our ship is tossed about on the angry waves of this sea called life. But if we have the Master on our ship, we have nothing to fear!
Several weeks back I traveled to Oklahoma for a visit with my family. While there I attended church with them and one Sunday night they had a visiting preacher.
This man had never saw me and I had never saw him before. As we walked through the doors and sat down on the pew I noticed him paying close attention.
Throughout the service I made eye contact with him several times. It was obvious that he was watching me, but I didn't know why. I had a feeling that God was going to do something special but I didn't know what.
The worship progressed and then it was time for the visiting minister to come forward. He stepped to the pulpit and immediately pointed to me. He said, "I have never saw you before but as soon as you walked through the doors tonight, God spoke to me. I would like for you to come to the front so I can pray for you."
I had been expecting something, but not that. I was a little surprised and even looked around to see if he was talking about someone else, but no, it was me. I made my way to the front and he said, "You have been sick for a long time. This is not the end, God is not finished with you yet. God has something for you to do." He asked the church to join him in prayer and said that I would receive strength in my body when he prayed for me.
The church began to pray and as he laid his hand on my head I felt a warmth go from the top of my head all the way down to my toes. I have never felt that before. I don't know what it was, but I do know that I have been stronger since the night he prayed for me. I have experienced less sickness with the chemo treatments and I have been able to do more. I am so thankful for the healing touch of God!
It amazes me how God is so mindful of us. To send a preacher my way who I have never seen or met in a little country church in the small town of Tahlequah Oklahoma to pray for me in my time of need was so amazing to me. God truly knows us by name!
God doesn't promise an easy road, but He does promise strength for the journey,
God doesn't promise a life without pain but he promises grace through the pain,
God doesn't promise a road with no trouble, but he promises to be with us in trouble,
God doesn't promise everything we want, but he promises to meet our every need.
My husband and I have faced many storms while sailing our ship.
I was always told upon getting married that the first year is always the hardest. I wondered what people meant by this because adjusting to living with another person wasn't hard for me. We had few arguments and got along very well so the storm wasn't personal issues.
For us the storm came in the form of a sickness that turned out to be cancer.
The storm came in learning how to walk through everyday uncertainty and still survive. The storm came in trusting God for our needs because we suddenly found ourselves buried deep in medical bills.
But through the storm God has always proven to be faithful.
Whatever your storm may be today, always remember that with the Master on board your ship will safely reach the port. You will make it through the storm.
God still speaks peace in the midst of the storm!
Blessings,
-Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment